Thursday, May 24, 2012

The story of bunny face...

IiOk so we all heard of the ( really stupid looking) duck face that girls unintentionally take and post on social networks. While they try to make themselves look hotter, they completely fail.
And I found away to one up these wanna be playmates: the bunny face!

It all started Tuesday at work when I could feel the left side of my face swell up. I came home and took some benidril. Took a nap and woke up to more swelling but it wasn't scary enough for me to go to the hospital.
More benidril and a good nights rest was supposed to cure it ( in my head anyways). I woke up Wednesday to the new trend setting face: bunny face. ~ mind you that David named this infamous look so all rights belong to him~
Since my left side of my face was swole up like a human chipmunk... i mean bunny... we headed to the ER.

Take #1 : Hillcrest. While it was a blessing to not be busy and the total experience lasted 2 hours. I was in no pain mind you going in. Just bunny faced. After two doctors took their gloved finger and decided go feel my gums, i now had a migrane and pain in my face. They gave me prescriptions and sent me on my way. Of course, I proceeded to take my meds and nap.

It started looking worse, my eye was almost closed so David called his mom who seriously gave him a life or death senrio that ended up having him kidnap Tina to come look and my wonderful husband called dentist. It got scary when the dentist said " penicilan? That wouldn't of been my first choice".

Diagnose: 2nd opinion, different ER.
YAY!

while ordering pizza and waiting for Joe to come home to be with the kids, i relaxed ( yay for percasits sp?).
Take 2: St. Francis. the ER was packed and we were happy we brang a pizza with us. However, the wait wasn't to long. They gave me a shot in my bum and the meds I should of got. Within a few moments of the shot, I felt relief. I thank God for the 24 hour pharmacy at walgreens. I took the (correct) medicine and felt alot better by the time we got home at.2 AM.Mind you our first hospital visit was at 9 am.

VERY LONG DAY!

Thank you tina for coming along and helping to keep a smile on my bunny face. I love you and Joe. We could not ask for better friends. Yall are family! :)

David, my caring hubby. It made me feel blessed to know that I was in great hands. You go above and beyond then the call of duty, always. I love you so much!!!

So what was the issue in the first place: an absessed tooth with no absesse. Meaning nothing to drain. Odd right? The meds first prescribed did nothing so naturally it got worse. The second hospital didn't care to even discuss attempting to drain anything. They were also concerned about the meds I was first given. Hence the shot to speed things up and the right meds to continue to the progress.

Im on 24 hour bed rest, pain management and antibotics the size of my pinky every 12 hours... oh and getting spoiled by David. :)





No comments: