Monday, October 22, 2012

Why we do.

We haven't made a fuss over our anniversaries, and haven't for many reasons celebrated our small town I Dos. I was asked why? For a moment, I was unsure -more like unaware. I never gave it deep thought.
I gave it some thought. I guess to sum it up, we are pretty basic people.
Our marriage is simply a promise between two friends, our vows are just a more intense pinky promise. It didn't matter if I had "the dress" on, or a perfect seating chart. We both knew our friendship.was blessed into something more.
Till this day we have not received one wedding gift from anyone and both our parents are alive, this blew a friends mind when I told her as she is hooking up her own registry. (Maybe people thought we were crazy & we wouldn't last?) Sure it would of been appreciated but not necessary.
We started with very little, talking  2spoons,2 forks and 1 knife little. We were blessed to see God work in our life together.
(Once i said a quick simple prayer for a sweater to have in the cold months: that night I had two big boxes full!)
I personally like that we don't do anything outrageous for our anniversaries. I like the low key things we do, our reflection time. Sit back and talk ( and laugh) about the yesterdays.
It may not always be like that, Id like to do a vow renewal in 3 years but im sure its not going to be a big event. Life is truly about 'those moments'.
Here's to us and ours. Its been a beautiful ride with much more to follow.


No comments: